Nominate a heritage site for the 7 Most Endangered programme 2018
All over Europe monuments and heritage sites are in danger. Some due to lack of resources or expertise, others due to natural disasters or human actions. To find a sustainable future for these sites, the leading heritage organisation Europa Nostra teamed up with the European Investment Bank Institute and launched, in 2013, the 7 Most Endangered programme.
The 7 Most Endangered programme helps threatened European monuments and sites by mobilising communities together with public and private partners. It is not a funding programme. Its aim is to serve as a catalyst for action.
The 7 Most Endangered programme is supported by the EU Creative Europe programme, as part of Europa Nostra’s network project ‘Mainstreaming Heritage’.
If you know of important heritage that is endangered – such as a historic monument or archaeological site, a place of worship, an industrial complex, a historical park, a museum or even a movable heritage asset –, nominate it for the 7 Most Endangered programme 2018.
The final list of 7 most threatened heritage sites in Europe will be announced in February 2018 during the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
You can make a nomination with the support of your local Europa Nostra organisation.
It is only with your help that we can save our shared heritage treasures!
The deadline for nominations is 30 June 2017.
Nominations may be submitted from countries that are Members States of the Council of Europe.
Entries may be submitted by:
- Europa Nostra’s Country Representations, Member and Associate Organisations (see full list);
- Public and private bodies active in the heritage field located in countries where Europa Nostra is not yet represented;
- Individuals wishing to nominate an endangered heritage site are invited to contact Europa Nostra’s member or associate organisations or country representations.
- Historic buildings and their ensembles, with their surrounding townscapes or landscapes;
- Places of Worship;
- Archaeological sites, with their surrounding landscapes;
- Industrial buildings and areas;
- Parks, gardens and cultural landscapes;
- Heritage sites of historical importance (« Lieux de mémoire »);
- Movable heritage
Lange Voorhout 35, 2514 EC The Hague
firstname.lastname@example.org T: +31 (0) 70 302 40 58